Ginger is an ingredient used widely in Chinese and Asian cuisine and is now used all over the world.
Some of the many health benefits of ginger include the following -
- Reducing symptoms of nausea, motion sickness
- Powerful in fighting cancer
- Contains gingerols which are potent anti-inflammatory compounds. Which is why it may be beneficial to those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis to consume ginger regular
- Helps relieve heart burn
- Relieves coughs and sore throats and can help with congestion - this is particularly so, if the ginger is cut (sliced) and boiled with water as a form of tea to drink. (ginger tea)
- Can relieve toothaches
- Improved digestion / relieve an upset stomach - particularly helpful when combining fresh sliced ginger with mint and boiling water.
- Helps to relieve headaches and migraines
ginger biscuits, fresh ginger tea